Joining a #StrongGirls Cohort
How to Complete the #StrongGirls Application
Complete the #StrongGirls Questionnaire.
This helps us get to know a bit about you.
Complete the #StrongGirls SEQ Pre-Assessment.
This assessment DOES NOT impact acceptance into the program. It’s useful information you’ll use on your #StrongGirls journey.
Submit the Participation Permission form.
Have your parent or guardian complete and submit the permission form.
Complete your Character Strengths assessment.
After completing steps 1 – 3, click the link below to take your VIA Character Strengths assessment. Once you’ve gotten your results, return here to submit your proof of completion.
Check your email for your application decision.
Check the cohort timeline below for an exact announcement date. On #StrongGirls Acceptance Day, check your email to see if you’ve been selected for the current cohort, and get ready to start your #StrongGirls journey!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is #StrongGirls?
- #StrongGirls is a co-curricular leadership development initiative started by the Keitt Institute. This program is designed to help students build skills necessary to navigate school, work, and life successfully. The program allows students to focus on their personal development just like they focus on building math and grammar skills.
- During the #StrongGirls program, students learn more about themselves, their emotions, their relationships, and their strengths. They then use that information to build strategies for success personally and academically.
How long is #StrongGirls?
- #StrongGirls is an eight hour training program. Students meet for one hour for eight consecutive weeks with their cohort.
How much does #StrongGirls cost?
- #StrongGirls is free to participants (valued at $1,500.00). The Keitt Institute Board of Directors raises $1,500 per student to ensure that the program is executed with excellence. If you’d like to help you can donate here.
When are the sessions?
- Information session: A few weeks before we launch a cohort, we will host an information session in which parents and students can meet the facilitators, learn about the program, and ask questions.
- Student Orientation: Students that have been selected to participate in the #StrongGirls program will be required to attend orientation prior to the start of the first session. Attendance is mandatory, and failure to attend will result in removal from the program.
- #StrongGirls Meetings: Students will have the opportunity to choose one of three time slots for the current cohort. Due to the dynamic circumstances of virtual learning we have sessions offered on Tuesdays from 7pm – 8pm and Wednesdays from 7pm – 8pm.
What materials do I need for the program?
- #StrongGirls need to show up to each session with a writing utensil, the #StrongGirls workbook that comes in the launch packet, a great attitude, and a reliable, internet enabled device.
- Each student receives a #StrongGirls welcome packet before the start of their cohort that contains all pertinent materials for the program. They will also get access to the members only section of the #StrongGirls website where they’ll be able to download extra videos, activities, and goodies!
How do the sessions work?
- All sessions are conducted on the Zoom online platform. The Zoom platform affords the opportunity for face-to-face collaborative sessions where students interact with their facilitators and each other.
- Zoom Overview and Instructions document.
How do I become a #StrongGirl?
- Follow the steps above to start your #StrongGirls journey!
How can I bring #StrongGirls to my school?
- If you’d like to bring #StrongGirls to your school, email us so that we can get the conversation started.
Winter 2021 Cohort Timeline
- 12/8/2020: Information session for parents and students.
- 12/14/2020: #StrongGirls application closes.
- 12/15/2020: #StrongGirls Acceptance Day
- 01/07/2021: Launch packets mailed
- 01/14/2021: #StrongGirls orientation
- Week 1: 1/19/2021 – 1/21/2021
- Week 2: 1/26/2021 – 1/28/2021
- Week 3: 2/2/2021 – 2/4/2021
- Week 4: 2/9/2021 – 2/11/2021
- Week 5: 2/16/2021 – 2/18/2021
- Week 6: 2/23/2021 – 2/25/2020
- Week 7: 3/2/2021 – 3/4/2021
- Week 8: 3/9/2020 – 3/11/2021
- Tuesday Cohort: 7pm – 8pm EST
- Wednesday Cohort: 7pm – 8pm EST