About the #StrongGirls Program
Socially & Emotionally Intelligent Leaders
What is #StrongGirls?
#StrongGirls is a co-curricular leadership development initiative started by the Keitt Institute, a non-profit organization committed to helping people develop socially and emotionally. This eight hour training program helps teens develop self-awareness, self-management skills, relationship skills, social awareness, and responsible decision making skills. The program runs on a cohort model each semester. This year we are launching the virtual #StrongGirls experience! Girls will be able to join cohorts of young women from all over the country.
This eight-hour training program helps teens develop self-awareness, self-management skills, relationship skills, social awareness, and responsible decision making skills.
As a result of participating in the #StrongGirls program, students will be able to accurately recognize their emotions, thoughts, and values and will be able to explain how they influence behavior.
As a result of participating in the #StrongGirls program, students will be able to regulate their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations.
As a result of participating in the #StrongGirls program, students will be able to communicate clearly, establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships, and negotiate conflict constructively.
Responsible Decision Making
As a result of participating in the #StrongGirls program, students will be able to identify problems, analyze situations, solve problems, evaluate, and reflect in order to make constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of students participating in #StrongGirls, they will be able to:
- List their signature strengths
- Define each signature strength
- Identify specific times they have used each signature strength
- List the four components of emotional intelligence
- Critique how well they routinely demonstrate each component of emotional intelligence
- Explain the connection between their thoughts and behaviors
- Accurately name the emotions they feel most often
- Identify & verbalize the reoccurring thoughts that trigger their most often felt emotions
- Establish an emotional management strategy that incorporates the four keys to emotional management mastery and at least one of their signature strengths
- List the 3 main qualities of love
- Analyze the health of their key relationships based on 7 indicators of health
- Critique their demonstration of the 7 qualities of healthy partners
- Analyze the health of their key relationships based on 7 indicators of abuse
- Explain how to resolve conflict through communication
- Explain how they implement one of the 7 key strategies for reclaiming power through communication
- Describe and define their personality blend using the 4-quadrant model
- Describe their innate decision-making process
- Explain their personality strengths
- Articulate their plan for implementing a tiny habit
- Construct a plan using the learnings from the course to solve a personal or academic problem
- Critique their problem-solving strategy